10/9/15: Jerry Brown and Democrats expand California killing spree
SAVECALIFORNIA.COM NEWS RELEASE
October 9, 2015 -- For Immediate Release
Jerry Brown and Democrats expand California killing spree
Thomasson: "Jerry Brown and the Democrats are forgetting the unmistakable fact that this is an innocent, unique human baby growing in the womb"
Sacramento, California -- A leading family values organization in California says the overwhelming evidence that human beings are in the womb is being ignored by Governor Jerry Brown, who has signed two new bills expanding death by abortion.
Gov. Jerry Brown is a well-known promoter of abortion, and has even been described as a "Face of the Abortion Holocaust," responsible for the deaths of millions of pre-born babies.
Today, without comment, the Governor Brown signed two bills passed by the Democrat-controlled California Legislature:
- AB 775 requiring signage at pro-life crisis pregnancy centers designed to influence pregnant mothers to leave and obtain "free" (taxpayer-funded) abortions elsewhere.
- AB 1177 repealing a requirement that abortion clinics must have hospital transfer agreement in order to provide prompt care for women suffering from serious and even life-threatening complications from botched abortions.
Exactly two years ago, on Oct. 9, 2013, Governor Brown signed two major bills increasing "access" to abortion, which were sponsored by Planned Parenthood and passed by the Democrat-controlled Legislature:
- AB 154 to permit non-physician midwifes, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners to perform abortions, even on girls as young as 12 years old and without their parents' knowledge.
- AB 980 to repeal all five paragraphs of abortion clinic regulations in California, thus allowing abortions to be performed in substandard conditions, even on minors.
- In addition, in the 2014-2015 state budget, Medi-Cal payments for medical and surgical procedures were cut by 10% while tax-funded payments for abortions were increased by 40%. This substantial increase in abortion funding was continued in the 2015-2016 state budget.
"Jerry Brown and the Democrats are forgetting the unmistakable fact that there is an innocent, unique human baby growing in the womb," said Randy Thomasson, president of SaveCalifornia.com, which promotes moral virtues for the common good. "Why oppose the death penalty for heinous murderers, yet impose the death penalty upon innocent pre-born babies who are unwanted? Is this why pictures of aborted babies anger 'pro-choice' politicians, because it's an inconvenient truth they prefer to ignore?"
"Pro-life crisis pregnancy centers should creatively overcome AB 775 by making their own pro-life signs and videos more eye-catching than any state-mandated signs," Thomasson said. "Meanwhile, hospital emergency rooms and coroners can expect more wounded and dead women because of AB 1177, AB 154, and AB 980. Repeal of abortion clinic safety regulations and allowing non-physicians to perform abortions -- and now, the repeal of the requirement that abortion clinics must have hospital transfer agreements -- means women's 'safety' is a meaningless campaign slogan for Democratic Party leaders and politicians."
"These new laws mean more dead babies and more wounded and dead mothers," Thomasson concluded. "It's a killing spree without guns."
-- end --