SAVECALIFORNIA.COM NEWS RELEASE
November 30, 2011 -- For Immediate Release
'The clock is ticking for dads and moms' -- SB 48 takes effect Jan. 1
Sacramento, California -- A leading California family values organization is running web ads urging parents to rescue their children from a raft of laws that mandate admiration and support for "LGBT" lifestyles at every public school, behind the backs of parents.
"The clock is ticking for dads and moms to rescue their children from unnatural and unhealthy homosexual-bisexual-cross-dressing role models coming January to every California public school," said Randy Thomasson, president of SaveCalifornia.com, which promotes moral virtues for the common good. "Since there's no parental opt-out or opt-in, no child is exempt from this confusion. The only way to exempt your child from SB 48 and other sexual indoctrination laws is to exempt them from the entire government system."
The web ads inform parents about SB 48 and seven other California state laws that require all public school instruction and activities to positively portray homosexual, bisexual, and transsexual lifestyles to children as young as kindergarten. The ads link to RescueYourChild.com, a special site operated by SaveCalifornia.com.
"The most in-your-face law that forces children as young as 5 years old to admire homosexuality, bisexuality, cross-dressing, and 'sex changes' is SB 48, which goes in effect in January with its 'supplemental materials' mandate on every public school in the state," Thomasson explained.
SB 48, passed this year in the Democrat-controlled Legislature and signed by Governor Jerry Brown, mandates that children from kindergarten through 12th grade, in all "instruction in social sciences," admire "the role and contributions of...lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Americans."
As of January 1, California public school districts must implement the new requirements of SB 48 through supplemental "instructional materials" (i.e., handouts, homosexual biographies, classroom discussions, essays and other homework, outside speakers, videos, dramas, etc.); textbooks will come in a few years. As a result of SB 48, all public school districts in California are under the following orders:
1. Textbooks and instructional materials must positively promote "lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Americans" as "role" models.
2. Children as young as kindergarten will be taught to admire persons who engage in homosexuality, same-sex "marriages," bisexuality, and transsexuality (cross-dressing and "sex change" operations).
3. Because SB 48 requires "particular emphasis on portraying the role of these groups in contemporary society," children will be taught to support the political activism of so-called "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Questioning" (LGBTIQ) political groups.
4. Teachers will be made to positively portray homosexuality, same-sex "marriages," bisexuality, and transsexuality, because to be silent can bring the charge of "reflecting adversely" or "promoting a discriminatory bias."
5. School boards will be required to select textbooks and other instructional materials that positively portray "LGBT" lifestyles, because to be silent on these subjects opens them up to charges of "reflecting adversely" or "promoting a discriminatory bias."
6. Parents will not be notified, nor will they be able to exempt their children, from this new core curriculum.
"Because of the Democrats' social-engineering laws, children left in California government schools are guaranteed sexual brainwashing, but proficiency in reading, writing, and computing are not guaranteed at all," Thomasson said. "Add to this all the negative peer pressure in today's public schools. Parents who want the best for their children are recognizing these clear and present dangers. They're taking their children back from the government system to save their kids from being ruined morally, socially, and academically."
"These days," Thomasson said, "the only way to protect children from becoming sexually confused and dumbed down is to enroll them in a solid church school or to do homeschooling, in order to raise up a productive, respectful, and moral generation. RescueYourChild.com helps parents realize the serious problems with government schools and shows them how to find good, safe education for their children."
» See the 10 serious problems of California government schools
» See our flyers: English | Spanish
» See "Not Born This Way"
SaveCalifornia.com is a leading West Coast nonprofit, nonpartisan organization standing strong for moral virtues for the common good. We represent children and families in the areas of marriage and family, parental rights, the sanctity of human life, religious freedom, financial freedom, and back-to-basics education.