Good news! The first lawsuit to enforce Prop. 8 was filed Friday morning, asking the California Supreme Court for injunctive relief to halt illegal, unconstitutional homosexual “marriages” in at least 56 of 58 California counties. Read these excellent arguments
As SaveCalifornia.com has been explaining to anyone who will listen, the boss of every California public official is the written state constitution, not what a judge or an elected official opines.
Every public servant swears to “support and defend” the plainly written words in California’s supreme law. Yet in the Prop. 8 legal battle, the California Constitution has been ignored by domestic enemies of our Republic.
While today’s filing with the California Supreme Court is great news, what’s also needed now to enforce Prop. 8 is a 2nd lawsuit by one or more county clerks. Why? Because this first lawsuit might not be successful, and we absolutely need to ensure success for real, man-woman marriage by doing our utmost.
ACTION: Please email, fax or call our SaveCalifornia.com’s 4 talking points to clerks in these 18 strongly pro-marriage areas. Urge them to sue the State to uphold Prop. 8 on man-woman marriage.
Why a 2nd case with a clerk suing the State of California is needed:
1. Our pro-marriage legal effort is stronger with two cases
2. The Prop. 8 legal battle is stronger with more attorneys on our side speaking in court (there will be multiple attorneys in court advocating against Prop. 8)
3. A county clerk has better chance of being recognized by the court (achieving “standing”)
4. A county clerk has better chance of winning on the merits
5. A clerk has a real conflict that the court must necessarily solve, while the petition filed today is asking the court to do a favor that may seem optional to judges; indeed, some call it a “long shot” bid
6. A clerk case would strengthen the Protect Marriage case by demonstrating to the court that the clerk quandary is real, not hypothetical
And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”
Jesus Christ in Matthew 19:4-6 NKJV