I wanted to be too busy to watch the inauguration. But the hard truth was unavoidable. Democrat Jerry Brown has been sworn in as Governor…for the third time.
Although Brown swore to “support and defend…and…bear true faith and allegiance…to the Constitution of the State of California,” he didn’t mean the written Constitution. Indeed, he joked about his oath. When saying the part about taking “this obligation freely, without any mental reservation,” Brown said, “Really, no mental reservations!”, provoking the crowd to laughter.
It’s obvious to me that Brown sees his official oath as a mere formality, and views himself as the top authority who has done, is doing, and will do what he desires. Remember how Brown refused to defend Prop. 8 on man-woman marriage, despite his sworn duty to defend and represent the statutes and the Constitution of California? Like Arnold Schwarzenegger before him, Jerry Brown believes he is above the law. This is the very definition of tyranny.
What can the moral citizens of California expect for the next four years?
1. More immoral laws are coming: Jerry Brown is expected to sign every bill on his desk that advances the homosexual-bisexual-transsexual agenda and abortion and pornography, that promotes environmental wackiness, that coddles criminals, and that continues pouring obscene amounts of tax dollars into so-called “schools” that war against parents, moral virtues, and real academics.
2. Voters’ complaints can be leveled directly at the Democrats: The bright side is that the light will be shining directly on the Democrats. No longer can anything bad in California state government can be held against liberal Republicans, such as Arnold Schwarzenegger. The cloak has been lifted and the excuses have evaporated. All the public credit or blame will go directly to Brown and the Democrat-dominated Legislature. It’s time for people to connect the dots. The California Legislature has essentially been under the control of the Democrats virtually since 1957 in the state Senate and since 1959 in the state Assembly. In 2011, SaveCalifornia.com will be a strong voice of truth, especially reporting what the big media won’t.
3. Tax and fee hikes will depend on Republicans and voters: Jerry Brown and the Democrats want to raise taxes on just about everything. But they need voter approval to do it. Furthermore, they can’t place taxes and fees on the June ballot without a two-thirds vote of the Legislature, which would require all the Democrats plus two Republican sell-outs in both the state Senate and state Assembly. Please start telling your friends and neighbors to “Vote no on new taxes or fees, families can’t afford big government.”
4. There is a great need to fall back and regroup and repair our culture’s foundations: How did California get itself in this situation? Government is a symptom of the People’s values and what they believe and worship. Consider that the forces of evil have targeted young people for decades. They have successfully captured and damaged children’s hearts, minds, bodies, and souls in the daytime (through Godless, government-run schools) and in the afternoon and evening (through the Godless entertainment media). And most parents are untrained to raise virtuous children because most pastors won’t teach them how. Is it any surprise that sexual immorality and drug abuse are sky high among young people? It is high time for true Christians and all those who believe in moral virtues to give time, talent, and money toward teaching the practical benefits of God’s standards to the next generation. It’s like we need to take the Book of Proverbs mainstream to young people under 30, within and outside our immediate families. Society’s foundations are cracked and broken. With your help, SaveCalifornia.com will work to repair it with God’s beneficial glue and mortar.
5. Support SaveCalifornia.com’s campaign to reach young people: For quite some time it has been on my heart to teach moral truth to young people, to help them overcome the lies they believe. In 2011, SaveCalifornia.com will reach out to the next generation like never before. Young people are our future, and our future leaders too. They desperately need direction, inspiration, and purpose. They need to grasp and apply Judeo-Christian values in their own lives and in the public square. With your help, SaveCalifornia.com will connect with the under-30 crowd. We’ll activate them through creative technology, targeted ads, community projects, on-the-street activism, and more. It’s very exciting and very needful. So what do you say? Support our vision to reach the next generation. Please participate and invest in the future. Visit SaveCalifornia.com today and click “Donate” to give your tax-deductible gift. Thank you for standing with us as we stand strong for moral virtues for the common good. See my 2-1/2 minute video message and read about our 2011 strategy. Thank you.
Boldly in Christ’s grace and truth,
Founder and President
No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.
Samuel Adams, “Father of the American Revolution,” 1722-1803