3/23/11: Democrat-controlled committee passes bill making schoolchildren admire LGBT role models
SAVECALIFORNIA.COM NEWS RELEASE
March 23, 2011 -- For Immediate Release
Calif. bill making schoolchildren admire 'gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender' role models passes Democrat-controlled committee
Thomasson: SB 48 "targets children for sexual brainwashing, behind the backs of parents"
Sacramento, California – A highly controversial bill that would teach schoolchildren to admire “lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender" role models has been approved by the Democrats on the California Senate Education Committee. The 10-member committee today passed SB 48 on a party-line vote: 6 Democrats for, 3 Republicans against, with one Democrat absent.
“Parents don’t want and children don’t need ‘LGBTIQ’ role models in school,” said Randy Thomasson, president of SaveCalifornia.com, a leading statewide pro-family, pro-child organization.
“SB 48 micromanages public schools by forcing teachers, administrators, local school boards, textbooks, and instructional materials to promote a gaggle of sexual lifestyles that disturb parents and confuse kids. This costly state mandate targets children for sexual brainwashing, behind the backs of parents, teaching boys and girls to admire those who engage in homosexual, bisexual, or transsexual behavior.”
If SB 48 becomes law:
1. Textbooks and instructional materials must positively promote “lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Americans” as “role” models.
2. Children as young as 6 years old will be taught to admire homosexuality, same-sex “marriages,” bisexuality, and transsexuality (sex-change operations).
3. Children will be taught to support the political activism of “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Questioning” (LGBTIQ) political groups, as the bill requires “particular emphasis on portraying the role of these groups in contemporary society.”
4. Teachers will be made to positively portray homosexuality, same-sex “marriages,” bisexuality, and transsexuality (sex-changes operations), because to be silent can bring the charge of “reflecting adversely.”
5. School boards will be required to select textbooks and other instructional materials that positively portray sex-change operations, same-sex “marriages,” and more, because to be silent on these subjects opens them up to charges of “reflecting adversely.”
6. Parents will not be notified, nor will they be able to exempt their children, from this new core curriculum.
SaveCalifornia.com’s letter sent to Senate Education Committee members
“If the Democrats pass this perverse bill into law with Jerry Brown’s signature, it will be California ’s 7th statewide sexual indoctrination law indoctrinating impressionable children,” Thomasson said. “There is no biological basis for homosexuality, and the overwhelming majority of HIV transmissions are the result of homosexual and bisexual behavior. To protect their kids from a raft of lies, parents have more reason than ever to leave behind government schools for the safe havens of homeschooling and church schools.” SaveCalifornia.com maintains RescueYourChild.com to help parents with solutions.
SaveCalifornia.com is a leading West Coast nonprofit, nonpartisan organization representing children and families. We stand for marriage and family, parental rights, the sanctity of human life, religious freedom, financial freedom, and back-to-basics education.