Victory: ABC & NBC exclude “gay wedding” from Rose Parade coverage
The power of determination, social media, family-friendly media, mainstream media, and word of mouth by caring individuals, along with SaveCalifornia.com’s efforts and the media we helped generate, had a tremendous impact for good on the days leading up to January 1.
Thank you to everyone who joined us in protesting the pro-homosexuality Rose Parade featuring two male practitioners of homosexuality getting “married” as a role model for watching children. (See why this behavior is unnatural, unhealthy, unbiblical, and tyrannical.)
Even though the false, same-sex “wedding” took place on worldwide TV, with parade officials digging in their heels against moral values and the natural family, the protest against it was a still a significant victory. Here’s why:
1. Many children were protected from being forced to watch and see as good two men cozying up in a “gay wedding” atop an AIDS float. As word spread, parents were empowered to intervene. They made a decision to boycott watching the parade, and many complained to parade organizers and sponsors. These principled parents rescued their boys and girls from ‘LGBT’ anti-family activists invading a family event with their immoral agenda. And guess what, ABC and NBC seems to have gotten the message because they did not show the “live gay wedding” in their televised parade coverage!
2. More people now realize there is an in-your-face assault upon not just marriage, but upon children and families and wholesome, moral values. More Californians and Americans stepped out of silence to express their disgust by contacting the Rose Parade and pro-homosexuality sponsors such as Honda and Coca-Cola, and by sharing to thousands of people our boycott action steps through email, Facebook, Twitter, and more. At our urging, they chose not to watch the parade. And they stepped up to the plate with gusto! I now expect to see our pro-family movement do more activism in the wake of this good protest and in the face of blatant intolerance of moral values.
3. Once again, it’s been proven that one person can make a difference. Her name is Karen Grube, a vocal pro-family citizen from San Diego. She heard about the “live gay wedding” float — and, in faith, took quick action to launch a Facebook page, “Boycott the 2014 Rose Parade.” Over several days the page grew, media heard about it, and Karen did her first interview with the Pasadena Star-News and the story went coast to coast!
4. SaveCalifornia.com’s Campaign for Children and Families was successful adding our strength and voice to what Karen started. We interviewed with 3 radio stations in Los Angeles and on TV in Sacramento and in other pro-family and secular media. Our combined call to boycott to protect children from bad role models reached many people – the truth was heard!
5. Everyone who participated in the boycott grew in some way. Those who denied themselves their annual pleasure of the Rose Parade improved their moral character. I think about Jesus Christ saying, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.” (Matthew 16:24 NKJV). As hard as it is, denying a pleasure for a greater good is a victory not only for adults, but for children whose eyes were protected from these bad role models.
6. Real, man-woman marriage was honored. The media heard from pro-family citizens, Karen Grube, and SaveCalifornia.com and others that many people know marriage is still only for one man and one woman, despite what corrupt judges did to Prop. 8. And we and this true-to-God fact are not going away!
7. The Rose Parade boycott was so much bigger than one day of standing publicly and letting our voices for real marriage, morality, and the protection of children to be heard. No, it was the New Year’s kick-off to kindle up the fires of moral activism and keep them burning this election year. My recommendation? Get used to taking action, but now direct your energies toward getting good candidates elected in the 2014 elections. Simply research online which candidates represent your values and who also have a chance to win, and call them to ask how you can volunteer.
When you think deeply about life, you realize that Truth must never go silent. Creator God always wants the truth to be told, because Truth is Love, when spoken gently to the humble and tough to the prideful. If we are to have any practical hope for the future, children must be protected from harm and trained in righteous character. We must all do what’s right in God’s sight. The 2014 Rose Parade protest can be your down-payment that sparks you to be “zealous for good works” in this important election year. It’s your invitation to do significant things for the love of God and people He created.
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.
Titus 2:11-14 NKJV